On July 13, 1985 an estimated 1.5 billion viewers watched the likes of U2, Spandau Ballet, Led Zeppelin, The Cars, Queen and The Who, among many, more perform on stages in London and Philadelphia in the first-ever Live Aid concert to bring attention to Africa’s famine.
The concert was broadcast in the United States both on ABC and MTV and on BBC TV and radio in the United Kingdom. Here are some of our favorite memories from Live Aid including performances by David Bowie, Queen, U2, Led Zepplin, Madonna, and Black Sabbath. What are your favorite memories?
1. Elton John and George Michael – Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
2. Simple Minds – Don’t You (Forget About Me)
3. David Bowie – Heroes
4. Led Zepplin – Stairway To Heaven
6. Phil Collins – Against All Odds
7. Madonna – Holiday
8. Tina Turner and Mick Jagger
9. Black Sabbath
10. U2 – Bad
Many people believe Queen stole the show. Do you agree? Which performance was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!