Content marketing is a vibrant and rapidly-evolving industry. While there is no shortage of blog posts and articles written about the topic, not all are worthwhile.
Fortunately, we’ve collected a list of 100 of the best content marketing articles, from many of the leading voices in the industry. Let us know if we missed any in the comments below!
1. What Is Content Marketing? – by Content Marketing Institute
A useful and comprehensive breakdown of the components that should go into content marketing.
2. 5 Unexpected Content Marketing Trends From CMI’s 2016 Report – by Influence & Co.
Expert insight from the people who understand content marketing best.
3. How Content Marketing Impacts Your Bottom Line – by HubSpot
An explanation of the financial side of content marketing.
4. The 3 Jobs of Content Marketing, and Why 1 Person Can’t Do Them All – by Contently
Breaks down the key components of content marketing, and explains why the responsibilities need to be distributed.
5. The Beginner’s Guide To Content Marketing – by Kissmetrics
Whether you’re a complete newbie or just need a refresher, this guide provides you with the fundamentals.
6. 4 Tips for Retaining Content Marketing Clients – by Marketing Agency Insider
Keeping your clients happy by producing results.
7. Content Marketing Tools A to Z That You Can Use Now – by Top Rank Marketing
A timeless list of tools, in alphabetical order.
8. Visual Content Marketing: A Resource Guide for Marketers – by Social Media Examiner
The sometimes-overlooked topic of visual content.
9. 4 Tools To Help Startups Hack Their Growth – by Readwrite
Puts content marketing into perspective and context.
10. What Is a Content Marketing Strategy? – by Copyblogger
Breaks down the key components of a comprehensive content marketing strategy.
11. 75 Examples To Spark Your Content Marketing Creativity – by Content Marketing Institute
A great, and fairly timeless, resource for brainstorming content marketing ideas.
12. How To Start A Successful Content Marketing Campaign From Scratch – by Social Media Today
An in-depth look at starting a campaign.
13. How to Use Content Marketing to Attract Clients – by Marketing Agency Insider
An actionable way to monetize content marketing efforts.
14. 50 Tools to Jumpstart Your Content Marketing Efforts – by Kissmetrics
A useful resource for coming up with content marketing ideas.
15. 5 Content Marketing Trends We’d Love to See Brands Embrace This Year – by Influence & Co.
Forward-thinking content marketing ideas that can be leveraged by ambitious marketers.
16. 10 Content Marketing Tips You Can Employ Now – by Social Media Examiner
An older yet still insightful list of content marketing tips.
17. What Effective B2B Content Marketing Looks Like – by Content Marketing Institute
Somewhat surprising insight into what B2B content marketing should look like.
18. Why Your Business Needs a Content Marketing Strategy – by Top Rank Marketing
Another perspective explaining the value of content marketing.
19. 7 Ways To Keep Your Startup Marketing Lean – by Readwrite
A broad marketing post which shows how content marketing doesn’t have to be expensive.
20. How to Manage Your Content Marketing in 30 Minutes a Day – by HubSpot
A guide to making content marketing more approachable and achievable for those who have other priorities as well.
21. Content Marketing Is Easier When You (Partially) Delegate These 12 Tasks – by Copyblogger
A breakdown of the components of content marketing, and how you can hand them off to trusted members of your team.
22. 5 Steps to Content Marketing Success – by MOZ
Actionable tools and strategies that can help both experienced and inexperienced content marketers.
23. One Thing Is Killing Content Marketing and Everyone Is Ignoring It – by Content Marketing Institute
A reminder that content marketing needs to actually make an impact in the marketplace.
24. 5 Habits of Successful Content Marketers: New Research – by Social Media Examiner
A few essential but less-than-obvious habits you should incorporate right now.
25. 10 Common Reasons Why Content Marketing Isn’t Working for You – by Kissmetrics
Addresses some of the common problems with content marketing efforts, with actionable ways to fix it.
26. B2B vs. B2C: How Content Marketing Changes by Target Audience – HubSpot
An important distinction between these two content marketing channels.
27. 5 Steps That Can Light Up Your Marketing Efforts – by Readwrite
Make your content meaningful to your audience.
28. Content Marketing Tips for B2B Organizations – Whiteboard Friday – by MOZ
A must-see video for B2B companies using content marketing.
29. How Buyer Personas Could Ruin Your Content Marketing – by Brandsavant
An intriguing look at buyer personas.
30. 5 Reasons most content marketing is FAR behind where it needs to be – by Businesses Grow
Big picture issues that need to be addressed.
31. 2016 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends – by MarketingProfs
A data-driven analysis of the near future in content marketing.
32. Using Content Marketing to Build a Brand with Purpose – by Social Media Today
A big picture look at what you’re content marketing efforts are trying to build.
33. 15 indispensable content marketing tips – by Econsultancy
Content marketing fundamentals.
34. 20 B2B Content Marketing Examples and Case Studies for 2015 – by Top Rank Marketing
Learn from the best, and improve upon them.
35. Putting content marketing on time out for a moment – by Businesses Grow
What content marketing is, and what it isn’t.
36. How to Create and Document a Content Marketing Strategy in Eight Steps – by MarketingProfs
A guide to making your strategy measurable and adjustable.
37. What’s the Difference Between Content Marketing and Digital Commerce? – by Copyblogger
A sometimes-overlooked explanation of the differences between content marketing and digital sales.
38. How to Utilize Content Marketing to Garner Investors’ Attention – by Influence & Co.
Insight on how content marketers can appeal to venture capitalists and other investors.
39. How Content Marketing Is Evolving the PR Agency – by Marketing Agency Insider
An older but still highly relevant explanation of the relationship between PR and content marketing.
40. How to Build a Content Marketing Strategy – by MOZ
A step by step guide that will ensure you aren’t missing any key components.
41. 5 Steps to Building a Content Marketing Powerhouse – by Contently
An explanation of each of the major stages a content marketing strategy needs to go through.
42. How You Can Optimize Your Content Marketing in 3 Data-Driven Steps – by Kissmetrics
Quantitative methods for improving content marketing efforts.
43. Why Content Marketing is Imperative for the Future of Public Relations – by Top Rank Marketing
A guide to the intertwined relationship of content marketing and PR.
44. 7 Signs Your Content Marketing Is Stuck in a Bizarro World – by HubSpot
A healthy reminder to step back and make sure your content marketing strategy is working.
45. The Mixology of Content Marketing – by Social Media Today
A useful visualization of the components of content marketing.
46. 3 Sources of Fuel for Sophisticated Content Marketers – by Copyblogger
Links and key elements of three powerful content marketing resources.
47. Content Before It Was Cool: History’s 5 Hippest Content Marketers – by Influence & Co.
A great history lesson when you need some inspiration.
48. Improving Your Content Marketing With Better Questions – by Brandsavant
A reminder to always ask yourself the hard questions.
49. Content Marketing and Social Media Benchmarks for Brands – MarketingProfs
A data-driven analysis of what your KPIs should look like.
50. The Biggest Digital Marketing Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make – by Readwrite
Learn from others and avoid these expensive mistakes.
51. The Content Marketing Campaign Playbook – Guaranteeing Success in 2016 – by MOZ
Essential information from the leaders of the content marketing industry.
52. 25 Inspiring & Actionable Content Marketing Tips For (Almost) Any Situation – by Top Rank Marketing
When you need to get your creative juices flowing.
53. 37 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know in 2016 – by HubSpot
Statistics that might shock you, and nevertheless should inform your strategy.
54. Native Advertising Is Not Content Marketing – Content Marketing Institute
Breaks down the difference between advertising and actual content marketing.
55. A solution to the content marketing measurement puzzle – by Businesses Grow
56. Six Content Creation Tips, Learned The Hard Way – by Brandsavant
A podcast episode that no one should miss.
57. WARNING: 60% of Content Sits Unused — That’s a Problem – by Influence & Co.
Way to leverage existing content to get more value out of it.
58. A Complete Guide to 2016 Content Marketing Trends – by Social Media Today
A visualization that highlights the major trends this year.
59. Ten Words You Should Be Using – by Brandsavant
Good advice for writers, great advice for content marketers.
60. Content Marketing Predictions for 2016 – by MarketingProfs
A visualization from the experts that know best.
61. How to Do Content Marketing on a Shoestring Budget – by Kissmetrics
Content marketing efforts for bootstrappers.
62. 30 Favorite Quotes From Content Marketing Influencers in 2014 – by Top Rank Marketing
Timeless quotes from those that know the industry best.
63. 3 Content Marketing Infographics to Help You Present Your Ideas with Style – by Copyblogger
Links and information about advanced strategies that can make your content stand out.
64. 5 Content Marketing Problems That Keep Me Up at Night – by Contently
Five of the enduring issues in content marketing and the content marketing industry, and suggestions for how to move beyond them.
65. How B2B Content Marketers Are Missing the Mark – by MarketingProfs
Major mistakes to avoid in B2B marketing.
66. The 5 Best Google Chrome Extensions for Content Marketing – by Social Media Today
Make your life easier.
67. 10 Elements of an Engaging Blog – by Influence & Co.
A simple and comprehensive list of key components and blog concepts that everyone should use.
68. How To Spot The Best and Worst Content Marketing Strategies – by Socialfresh
Inspiration of things to avoid, and to emulate.
69. 15 Habits of Highly Effective Content Marketers – by HubSpot
General good advise that never gets outdated.
70. A new process to quantify content marketing success – by Businesses Grow
Breaks down the process and feedback.
71. 5 Types of Content Marketing to Test in 2016 – by Social Media Today
Innovative content types that most people aren’t using.
72. Preparing Your Killer Content Marketing Pitch
Checklist to make sure you cover all your bases.
73. Content marketing trends in 2016: curation, video & more – by Econsultancy
Prepare for the future.
74. 6 Types of Visual Content You Need to Use in Your Marketing Campaigns – by Kissmetrics
A breakdown of the different content types that content marketers should use, and how to use them.
75. Recovering from my complete content marketing failure – by Businesses Grow
What to do when the worst happens.
76. 5 Steps to Revising Your Content Marketing Strategy to Attract and Retain Future Customers – by Copyblogger
Expert tips on improving the influence of your content.
77. How to fix the $50bn problem in B2B content marketing – by Econsultancy
Plug the leaks in your strategy.
78. 8 Analyst Perspectives on B2B Content Marketing – by The Kapost Blog
Stand on the shoulders of expert’s epiphanies.
79. Five trends transforming content marketing – by Businesses Grow
Trends you need to know.
80. How user generated content is changing content marketing – by Econsultancy
How you can adjust to UGC.
81. 17 Advanced Methods for Promoting Your New Piece of Content – by Kissmetrics
Creative and outside-the-box ways of gaining traction for your content.
82. Content Marketing Strategy for the Next Decade – 10 Things to Think About – by Social Media Today
For those who are thinking long-term.
83. How to Integrate Traditional & Digital Marketing – by MOZ
An important reminder of how marketing techniques interact with each other.
84. A Complete Guide to 2016 Content Marketing Trends – by HiP
How to plan for the rest of the year.
85. The uncomfortable state of content marketing metrics – by Businesses Grow
Simplifying the challenge of metrics in content marketing.
86. Why Content Marketing is a Long Game (and How to Play It) – by Copyblogger
An important reminder about why
87. Do Content Marketers Need Editorial Independence? – by Contently
An interesting take on editorial independence in an industry that is not particularly known for it.
88. Content Marketing vs Native Advertising – Which Produces Better Results? – by Social Media Today
A fair comparison between content marketing and native advertising.
89. 101 Ways to Source Content Ideas – by Kissmetrics
A comprehensive list of places to find inspiration and data.
90. Six psychology principles that can help your content marketing – by Econsultancy
Overlooked principles that you can use.
91. Why No One Pays Attention to Your Marketing – Whiteboard Friday – by MOZ
A blunt explanation of what does and doesn’t work.
92. Why You Need a Content Gap Analysis and How to Do It Right – by The Kapost Blog
An overlooked but important concept more people need to understand.
93. Use This Agenda For Your Content Marketing Plan – by Businesses Grow
A valuable productivity tool.
94. Seven golden rules for content marketing – by Econsultancy
95. 7 Content Marketing Myths Your Boss Probably Believes – by HiP
Some of the common arguments against content marketing and how to combat it.
96. The Guide to Developing a Content Strategy for “Boring” Industries – by MOZ
An essential guide for content marketers afraid that they can’t create interesting content for their industry or client.
97. 6 Types of Content B2B Marketing Can’t Thrive Without – by The Kapost Blog
A basic breakdown of B2B content every content marketer needs on deck.
98. Open or Closed? The Role of Questions in Content Marketing – by HiP
The value of open questions in content marketing.
99. How to Include Influencers in Your Content Strategy – by MOZ
Influencers can make or break a piece of content, this post helps improve your changes of landing one.
100. Barclaycard: A B2B content marketing journey – by Econsultancy
A case study chock-full of lessons.
Once you’ve worked your way through that list, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an expert in content marketing.
Which blog is your favorite? Share with us in the comments below.
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- Content Marketing and SEO: Which Comes First?
- Keep Feeding the Content Monster
- 3 Examples of Companies that do Content Marketing Well
- 3 Ways to Integrate Quizzes into Your Content Marketing
- Welcome to the World of Content Marketing
- 5 Free Tools to Enhance Your Content Marketing
- What is Custom Content Marketing?
- Is Posting Content Frequently Really the Sign of Good Content Marketing?
- Content Marketing: How to Separate Yourself from the Crowd
- Content Marketing is the Face and Voice of Your Brand