– one word: Hogwarts.
tolbooth kirk by mike123
2. Cozy Cafes
– a necessity, given the annual rainfall.
red cups by Dream in the Dark of Day
– for when the rain leaves.
Links in the fog by Dave Morris
4. Bagpipe Street Music
– complete with kilts, leather satchels, and high white socks. Awesome.
Bagpipers by Shadowgate
5. Kilts Galore
– worn especially for weddings, sports events, and general Scottish pride.
An exercise in natural framing, part 2 by Edward Simpson
– held mostly by tourists. (Edinburgh locals have stopped taking the effort.)
dreich by filtran
7. The Sunsets
– unexpected and stunning.
Days End…. by Keven Law
8. 44 Scotland Street
– it does exist.
44 scotland street (rear view) by filtran
9. The Peaceful, Uncrowded Shoreline
– evidence of a cold (albeit lovely) ocean.
Under the sky by Giulio Bernardi
10. The Ghost Tours
– despite its stone-and-greenery charm, Edinburgh can be rather creepy in certain places, with certain stories.
Image by Laurence Arnold
11. The Ocean Terminal
– once a shipyard, now a shopping mall. Thank you urban renewal.
Edinburgh – 14:54 (July 09th) by Fabrizio Sciami
12. The Amazing Camera Obscura Museum
– so you can feel intelligent and stupid, simultaneously.
Image by Elaine Stirling
13. Scottish Vibes
– you know what I mean.
castle cross by Alan Weir
14. The Hilltop Views
– they make all the uphill/downhill walking wonderful.
Waverly by Dave Wild
What’s your favorite thing about Edinburgh? Share with us in the comments below!