Over 4.77 billion people will own a smartphone this year according to Statista, a portal that compiles over 18,000 different sources. This number is projected to reach 5.07 billion by 2019.
So what does this mean for business owners? Simple. If you haven’t created a mobile app by now, it may be time for you to reconsider. Although some entrepreneurs assume only large enterprises should develop mobile apps, small businesses can also benefit from using an app to reach their customers. Here are five reasons why your business should consider developing a mobile app.
1. You Can Use a Mobile App to Deliver Additional Value to Your Customers
Mobile apps are the perfect way to offer more value to your customers. One way you can add value is to create a loyalty program. You can reward loyal customers with extra points, discounts and other promotional offers whenever they make a purchase on your app or interact with it.
A loyalty program will encourage shoppers to keep coming back just so they can redeem their points. You can also add value by developing a mobile app that easily integrates with other popular applications like Facebook.
2. Your Mobile App is an Additional Customer Service Department
A mobile app can provide customer service at any time, 24 hours a day. Imagine that someone hears about your business late at night and wants to find out more information. They can download your mobile app and get everything they need with just a swipe of their thumb. Users will appreciate it if your app can help them save time by giving them a platform where they can order or find the answers to their questions.
Overall, an app can increase your company’s efficiency and productivity since customers can help themselves and they aren’t calling in or sending emails to your customer service team.
3. You Can Use a Mobile App to Reward Loyal Customers
Did you know that users spend more time on apps than on mobile websites? A recent report by Kissmetrics revealed that mobile app users are typically more loyal than website visitors since they’re already familiar with your company and downloaded your app. A mobile app is the perfect platform to offer discounts and rewards for loyal customers that frequently use your app.
4. A Mobile App Can Improve Your Company’s Brand
A mobile app can also help improve your company’s overall brand. After you develop the app you can use it as a way to drive growth and communicate with users. When customers they can have the same brand experience by using your app it will increase their trust.
5. Your Mobile App Can Increase Customer Engagement
Finally, a mobile app can encourage customers to engage more with your brand. Customers can quickly send you a message you or call you if they need more information. You can also drive customer engagement by letting users know about new sales and promotions with push notifications. This type of automation can also help your business become more efficient. you give them rewards they are more likely to increase their engagement among other benefits.
Those are just some of the reasons why you should consider developing a mobile app for your small business. Besides increasing customer engagement, it can also improve your company’s brand. Your customers will enjoy it when you add value and reward them for their loyalty.
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- How to Use Event Marketing to Better Your Content Strategy
- 6 Tips for Conference Travel
- 10 Event Marketing Stats That Will Make You Rethink Event Marketing
- 4 Useful Tips to Creating a Strong Brand Identity
- The Best 3 Colors to Use in Your Branding
- How to Use Hubspot for your Social Listening Needs
- Are You Listening? Going Social Beyond Publishing Content.
- How to Find Golden Opportunities on Twitter with Hubspot Social Monitoring
- Simple Tricks for Growing Your Business with Inbound Marketing
- They’re Talking About You on Social Media and You’re Not Even in the Room