Having you ever put off organizing or cleaning a part of your home because you felt like you didn’t have time for it? Well, if you’ve done that, you’re not really helping anyone.
Are you achieving your dreams or accomplishing all you are capable of? Probably not. Think of all the creative energy you waste by looking for your . . . stuff. Did you have a great idea, couldn’t find what you needed, so your idea died. It’s a bummer, and preventable.
Check out these statistics from “Organizing For Your Brain Type“:
- Americans spend the equivalent of 4 days every year looking for things
- Forty-three million Americans work at home
Some simple math:
If 4 days = 96 hours, then…
96 hours x 43 million (people who work from home) = 4,128,000,000 wasted hours (!!!)
What could we be doing with all that time? Could we take it all back? Some of it? Even half? What if we banded that time together? We could do one heck of a movement for change.
What if you kept that time for yourself? If you had even two more days added to your productive time, what would it do to your business? Your relationships? Your sanity? Can you even imagine?
Organizing is so much more than just putting stuff in boxes. It’s about taking your time back, and OWNING it. Master of your paper, your desk, your calendar… whatever it is for you. Streamlining your home office can change your business and even your life.
Are you unintentionally using the state of your home office as a roadblock to success? Look yourself in the mirror and decide what you stand for, and where you are going. Then, look at your office and decide if it’s helping or hurting you. If not, get your home office where it needs to be, and blaze that trail baby.
I KNOW you can do it!
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- Starting the Journey to Organized Home Office Bliss
- Simply Organized: Seven Tips to Boost Workplace Productivity
- Tickler File Your Style
- Reboot Your File Cabinet in 7 Simple Steps
- How to Organize All of Your Creative Ideas
- Workspace Organizational Tips & Inspiration
- Finding Your Unique Organizing Style for Your Business
- Why Organizing Your Home and Office Matters
- Happy Organize Your Home Office Day!