Your online marketing strategy should be constantly updated to incorporate new trends and platforms. Business owners are investing in online marketing more than ever before. It’s important for you to know why these companies are investing more and which forms of online marketing they are investing in.
A recent Econsultancy article includes several statistics regarding the growth of online marketing expenses. Here are some of the ways companies are spending more of their marketing budget:
- Overall increased emphasis on digital/social media for companies in 2014 (43%).
- An increase of commissioning externally outsourced marketing tasks to other businesses and freelancers (28%).
- Higher number of employees working in the marketing department and the creation of brand new digital roles (17%).
- More strategic planning of marketing strategies with longer lead goals and targets (14%).
The first two statistics show how important online marketing has become. Businesses are now focusing more attention than ever before on social media and email marketing. Because of the success businesses are finding with these efforts, they’re now investing even more time and money each year. Some businesses do this with their own in-house teams while others outsource their online marketing to other agencies.
The next two statistics explain what happens when businesses concentrate on marketing. They have to dedicate more labor and plan a thorough strategy. Online marketing isn’t something that simply one employee can take care of. If you want to have an effective marketing campaign, you must do your research, and put in the time and effort required to make a great marketing strategy. However, the saying is true, you get what you pay for, and the more money you put into your marketing efforts, the more you’ll get out.
We help businesses that want to invest more energy into online marketing, but either can’t or don’t have in-house marketing teams. By talking with businesses and understanding their short-term and long-term goals, we can help them make an effective strategy to increase their online presence.
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- Online Marketing Using Images: Are They More Important Than Actual Content?
- Establish an Online Presence with Online Marketing
- Online Marketing to Target Millennials
- Why You Should be Patient for Results When Doing Online Marketing
- 3 Strategies for Better Online Marketing
- 4 Compelling Reasons to Add Video Strategies into Your Online Marketing Plan
- Why You Need to Utilize Multi-Channel Online Marketing
- Professional Online Marketing Can Provide the Extra Push