For many people, the word “good-bye” is uncomfortable and confusing. Depending on the situation, goodbyes are either too emotional or not emotional enough. They’re both happy and sad, last too long or too short, and basically cause a lot of awkward behavior.
Sometimes, it’s helpful to have a thoughtful gift or card and a good idea of what you’re going to say (and not say) before parting. For inspiration, here are twelve kinds of ‘goodbyes’ for different occasions and people.
Creative Ways to Say “Good-Bye”
1. With a bit of Whimsy
via Suz and Roo
2. Old-fashioned British Phrases
3. Quotes from Classic Children’s Stories, like Peter Pan or Anne of Green Gables
4. Or Dr. Who
via Bayleaf Buttons
5. A Bright “Good-Bye” Brooch.
In case you don’t want to say it out loud.
via Plum Palace
6. A “Bon Voyage” Passport Cover
7. Good-Bye Themed Candy or Chocolate
8. A Journal of Last Thoughts and Wishes
via Journaling Jane
9. A Box of Origami Stars and Travel Quotes
via Paperwork By Me
11. Forget-Me-Not Flowers
12. A Kiss, Of Course