Air fried chicken nuggets are a staple around here in toddler town. My toddlers love chicken nuggets and the air fryer is a much more convenient way for me to fry up their nuggets than the oven without leaving them soggy and mushy like the few times I tried to get away with microwaving them. (I know, I know. But I was desperate guys.)
Why do I prefer the air fryer to my oven? Because the air fryer is quicker, I feel like they have a better crispy outside texture, and I’m not stuck with a huge pan to wash.
How Long to Air Fry Chicken Nuggets
If you’re wondering how long to cook chicken nuggets in air fryer then this is all you need to know:
- Air Fry the frozen chicken nuggets at 400F/204C for 10-12 minutes.
- If it’s your first time cooking a batch of nuggets, start with the ten minute mark to make sure your nuggets won’t be over cooked and dry if you go the full 12 minutes.
- Technically you’re supposed to flip the nuggets after 8 minutes, but I never do. Shh . . . don’t tell on me.
- If you want extra, extra crispy nuggets. Don’t be afraid to add an extra minute or two.
- Don’t stack nuggets. They should be laid out in a single layer.
- You do not need any oil to cook nuggets in the air fryer. They can go straight from the bag to the air fryer. Plus, oil makes for a bigger mess and I’m all about avoiding messes.
Now all you need to do is grab your favorite dipping sauce and you’re good to go.
If you don’t have an airfryer, these are a few options that are great:
Also, if you don’t have an air fryer, a toaster oven works great for chicken nuggets as well.
Best Frozen Chicken Nuggets for the Air Fryer
Now, I’m not here to give you a fancy homemade nugget recipe. We just use the frozen nuggets you can find at any grocery store. My kids aren’t too picky about what kind of nuggets they get, but I definitely think there is a huge taste and texture difference between the lower cost options and the higher cost ones. The dinosaur shaped nuggets are a hit due to their shape, but taste like cardboard.
Here are some of our favorite frozen chicken nuggets brands: