B2B marketers now have to make mobile a cornerstone of their digital marketing strategy. Every year more and more people are using cellphones and tablets to check social media and their email accounts. If businesses aren’t ready for mobile hits, they won’t be able to connect with potential clients.
An interesting yet scary aspect of mobile is that everything happens almost instantly. Someone takes their phone out, checks a web page or account, and then puts their phone back in their pocket. There is no room for error in this process. If a picture doesn’t load properly or the text is jumbled up, the user will just move on.
Josh Bernoff at Forrester Research refers to this phenomenon as the “mobile moment.” Here’s how he describes it exactly:
“Business competition has now focused down to the mobile moment — the point in time and space when someone pulls out a mobile device to get what he or she wants immediately, in context. Win in that moment, and you have his or her loyalty. Fail to be there, or screw it up, and an entrepreneur will do a better job and steal your customer.”
Everything is determined in those few seconds. If your site doesn’t load fast on mobile devices, the user probably won’t make the mistake of visiting it twice. Potential clients would sooner move to another business’ web page before waiting for yours to load.
On the other hand, if businesses invest in mobile B2B marketing, they’ll have a good chance at recruiting and retaining potential clients. There are many different resources and strategies a business can use to optimize their website on mobile devices. In addition, businesses should be practicing social B2B marketing so they can be reached on mobile apps such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. An investment in mobile marketing is one of the best ways a business can spend its money today.
What have you don’t to better optimize your marketing for mobile? Let us know in the comments below.
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- How 15 Digital Marketing Trends will Change
- The Digital Marketing Benefits of Media Outreach
- Digital Marketing Strategies at Each State of the Sales Funnel: Part 2 Middle of the Sales Funnel Strategies
- Digital Marketing Strategies at Each State of the Sales Funnel: Part 3 Bottom of the Funnel Strategies
- Digital Marketing Strategies at Each State of the Sales Funnel: Part 1
- Which Categories of Digital Marketing are Business Focusing on the Most?
- Incorporate Multiple Types of Digital Marketing into Your Promotional Strategy
- 15 Digital marketing Trends Prediction to Change
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Marketing Strategies for the Coming Decade
- How Your Business Can Benefit from Augmented Reality Marketing