SEO isn’t dying. I’ve read dozens of articles over the last few months declaring that SEO and Link Building are now dead or dying. But the truth is, it’s simply evolving. And this is a good thing. In my opinion, SEO’s have become a lazy breed. We found the equation to get sites ranking, then we exploited that equation. Having come from a traditional marketing background, I can tell you that there is no equation to true marketing. So, SEO isn’t just evolving, it’s forcing the practitioners to evolve with it.
Many of the old school SEO folks who are used to exploitation like Build My Rank, will find that the new world of SEO is fast moving, chaotic, and a little unnerving. In short, it’s going to become like traditional marketing. I can guarantee that the changes that are currently rolling through the industry will cause the demise of certain SEO firms and certain SEO consultants. But those that survive the coming changes will be better marketers and critical thinkers.
They will have the tools and experience to succeed in any field, not just SEO.
So, embrace the coming storm. Do what you need to do to ensure that you are the fittest. And when Darwinism has had it’s way with SEO, you will be standing in a much less crowded space.
Do you agree or disagree? Let me know in the comments below.
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- Content Marketing and SEO: Which Comes First?
- The Missing Link: Merging Social Media with SEO
- What we Learned When Vivant, the Solar and Home Automation Giant, was Delisted by Google!
- Who Polices Google?
- What is Local SEO Content Creation and Why is it Important?
- What’s Coming Up for SEO?
- Forget Everything That You Think You Know About SEO
- Don’t Give Into Analysis Paralysis Over Analyzing SEO
- Understanding Penguin’s Ongoing Impact on SEO
- 5 Tips to Link Building in a Smart SEO World