Looking for ways to bolster your social media strategy to increase followers, engage your audience, and drive traffic to your website? Creating a social media marketing plan that aligns with your ultimate business goals is vital to achieving desired results from your efforts. With social media playing almost as big a role in purchasing decisions as does television, the gains are profound when you execute a working strategy.
The goal here is to share several ways on how to better and improve your social media marketing plan to begin experiencing favorable outcomes like boosting brand awareness, growing your leads list, and generating sales.
#1 Know and Understand Your Target Audience
Having a clear understanding of your target audience is the prerequisite to developing a strong social media strategy. You see, all of your social posts from videos, blog posts, curated content, images, and even quizzes should be content that resonates with and relates to your audience. The more clarity you have on the pains, problems and challenges of your market, the more effective your content strategy.
The best way to completely knowing your target audience is through establishing buyer personas. Creating detailed personas will serve as a guide towards publishing content that speaks to your ideal customers. You will naturally attract qualified prospects to your brand when you clearly define who your audience is and how you can help them.
#2 Being Clear on Your Social Media Goals
Every post that you publish on your social sites must be attached to a result you desire to achieve. Are you looking to build engagement (likes, comments, shares)? If so, give the call-to-action in your post by specifically asking your audience to comment below or share with their networks. Do you want to capture leads from your followers? Be sure to tell them to click on the link that leads to the capture page. Let them know if the free gift or incentive they’ll receive when opting in.
The key here is to be clear on you social media goals and the exact outcome you’re looking for. When you know the purpose, you’ll be able to confidently convey it in your message.
#3 Create Remarkable Content that Resonates with Your Audience
This may sound redundant, but keep in mind that your objective is to educate, inform, and inspire your audience. Your content must be compelling, valuable, and speaks to the needs of your people to get them engaged with your brand. Publishing remarkable content is at the heart of your inbound marketing strategy.
Here are a few ideas to publishing winning content on social media:
- Social videos generate 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Source: Hubspot) Deliver your blog content using pre-recorded and live-streaming video platforms like Facebook Live, Periscope, and Instagram Stories.
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than other any other type of content. Use these detailed visuals to share data so your audience can easily digest your content
- Images ROCK on social media! Ramp up your visual content strategy by using images to promote your blog posts, highlight an event at the office, share behind-the-scenes photos, for example.
- Ask your followers and email list what type of content they want to see more of. Use this feedback to modify your social content
- Use social media management tools that lets you know the times that your audience is most involved with your content. This way you can publish your posts during theses times to remain effective
#4 Create Landing Pages Exclusively for Your Social Followers
Having landing pages especially for your social media followers greatly enhances conversions because its targeted, is specific to a content offer or message you’ve promoted on your social network, and appeals to that exact audience.
With more landing pages presents the opportunity to capture more leads towards building your list. Consider these pointers in designing winning landing pages for your social media marketing:
- Use images and videos that relate to the content to boost SEO and website experience
- The landing page headline and your social media post (or social ad) should complement each other
- Include a strong CTA that gives clear direction on what to do next
- Make them super actionable with content that goes deep into solving a problem
- Target keyword phrases that your audience is actively searching for
- Keep your landing page focused by detailing one content offer. Sell and demonstrate the benefits they’ll receive in return for opting into your list
After building your first landing page you must continually test variations to improve your conversion metrics (more on this later).
#5 Don’t Forget to Be Social!
Remember, social comes before media…so interact, engage and have fun with your followers. Refrain from just publishing posts and walking away. Be sure to respond to comments. Personally inbox fans to initiate conversation. Like, share, and comment on their content! You’ll be amazed at how these personal touches will accelerate your social media presence and online success.
#6 Test, test, and test some more!
The key when implementing these and any other social media tactics is to discover what works best with your target audience. It’s important to test, collect data, and analyze to have a strategy that’s producing results. In other words, when is your audience most active online? What content pieces do they tend to engage with the most? Again, leveraging a social media management tool along with Google Analytics can help you determine this information. Knowing it will position you to give your audience more of what they want . . . and foster better marketing.
Social media marketing offers tremendous benefits to brands who leverage it correctly and consistently. These tips will undoubtedly help you to improve and better your social strategy. If there are any tactics that are working for you that are not mentioned, please share them in the comments below . . . we’d love to hear it!
Looking for more great reads? Check out these related articles:
- Social Media Marketing Tricks to Bring You Into This Century
- The B2B Guide to Social Media Advertising Part 3: Imagery
- 3 Ways to Make Social Media Actually Work for Your Company
- Simplify Your Social Media Marketing Strategy in 4 Steps
- 4 Ways to Boost Your Social Media
- 3 Social media Blunders You Can Learn From
- Wikipedia and eHow: What They Can Teach Us About Content Marketing
- 5 Growth Hacks to Build Your Twitter Following
- 9 Youtube Optimization Tips That Work Like Magic
- Using Videos for Content Marketing