In most thrift stores, there’s a section for old-fashioned metal tins designed to hold cookies or tea. They’re often unique, cheap and tempting to buy, but what can you do with them afterwards?
Besides storing cookies, etc., the best way to reuse an old tin is to create something entirely new with it, like one of these 12 everyday objects.
How to Upcycle Vintage Cookie and Tea Tins
1. Birdhouses, Big or Small
3. Cuffs or Bracelets
via Fat Cat Studio
5. Quirky Jewelry Boxes, Like This Robot
via Reclaim 2 Fame
6. Scoop for Bird Seed or Pet Food
via Found Object Art
7. Bird Feeders
8. Tiered Desk Organizer, Fruit Bowls, or High Tea Trays
9. Homemade Candles
10. Refrigerator Magnets to Hold Pencils, Etc.
11. Painted to Make Holiday Containers, Holding Gifts
via Cynthia Shaffer