Old x-rays are an interesting beast. Many people don’t want to throw them away, because they are a pretty cool momentum of an accident and a key part to telling the story. However, when they’re just stuffed in a box somewhere they are often hard to find and forgotten about.
I’ve always been fasciated by x-rays. I’m the friend who comes over and totally wants to take a look at your x-rays after an accident. It’s not often you get to peak inside the human body, and I think it’s cool to see exactly these things. Especially if someone is around who can explain what I’m looking at exactly. Because of this, I just can’t bring myself to through away my once-in-a-lifetime x-rays.
Here are some beyond the box ideas for what you can do with your own x-rays.
How to Upcycle and Recycle X-Rays into Something More Exciting
1. Make a collage. Combine the most interesting parts of several x-rays into a collage. You could do a collage for one person, if they’re particularly accident prone, or one for the whole family if you haven’t had many accidents overall.
2. Extract silver form your x-rays. Did you know that silver can be found in x-rays. In trace amounts, of course. But it could still be fun to do, especially if you like to do science experiments. However, this will destroy your X-rays. So, if you were hoping to keep them around to look at in the future, this isn’t for you. Here’s an article about how to extract silver from your x-rays.
3. Make a lamp shade. I think this is such a cool idea for an x-ray. I can instantly imagine a ton of rooms and scenarios this would look amazing in, from a fun boys room to simple Halloween decorations. Your x-rays become a practical and displayed.
7. Make amazing Halloween decorations. You know how I keep saying that these x-ray pieces are giving mad Halloween vibes. This creator went full-on Halloween by making bats, a crow, and a banner and I love it. What a great away to create a good Halloween vibe.
8. Don’t have any real x-rays of your own? If you’ve been inspires by these images, but don’t have any x-rays of your own, you can ask friends and family members for any of their old X-rays that they don’t want. You can also try to make your own x-rays with this simple method, or invert some black and white photos. Check out some example below:
Have you ever upcycled your old x-rays? Share what you did in the comments below!