I love hot pockets. They’re delicious. But, I’ve always had a problem with making them in the microwave. They come out kind of rubbery with a soggy bottom. Not the best. And if you want to cook them in an oven, it’s a ridiculously long time.
Then, one day I thought, could I make a hot pocket in an air fryer? The answer is yes, and the air fryer made the hot pocket 100% better.
The texter was crisp and flakey with no sogginess in sight. It was like an entirely new hot pocket!
Here’s everything you need to know to air fry hot pockets.
How long to Air Fry Hot Pockets?
- Air fry hot pockets at 380 degrees for 8 to 13 minutes.
- I always recommend preheating the air fryer for frozen foods. However, some people don’t think this is necessary. I believe it gives you a more predictable and even result and knocks some minutes off the cook time.
- Let them cool for a couple minutes unless you want a mouth full of hot pocket lava. I know it’s hard to wait, but I’ve been burned too many times.
Yes, 8 to 13 minutes is quite a bit longer than the microwave method, but I promise it’s worth it. Honestly, I usually only need the ten minutes to have a delicious hot pocket, but each air fryer is different.
However, if you’re in a hurry, some people like to microwave the air pocket for one minute, then crisp it up in the air fryer for another 3 to 5 minutes. This method isn’t as amazing as fully cooking the hot pocket in the air fryer, but it’s great when you’re in a hurry.
Other Tips for Air Frying Hot Pockets
- Ditch the crisper sleeves for cooking. You don’t need them. I promise.
- However, don’t trash the crisper sleeves. They’re still nice to have afterwards for holding the hot pockets as you eat them.
- Hot pockets should be cooked in a single layer and do not need to be flipper or oiled.
You May Also Like: